Fuji Graphic film

From: Keith Gerling (keithgerling@att.net)
Date: 05/09/03-10:15:21 AM Z

Always on the lookout for inexpensive means of enlarging negatives, I have
occasionally been successful in adapting graphic arts materials (found
cheaply at commercial printing establishments) for darkroom use. Recently I
located a rather large supply of a Fuji product that has me confused. It is
labeled as Fujifilm Recording Film HSR-N. This film is not out of date, but
it acts strange: Exposure to light, development in Dektol and fixing
produces a black result. NO exposure to any light, then development in
Dektol and fixing STILL produces a black result. Out of the box and into
the fixer produces a clear result. The Fuji website offers no information
on this. Does anyone have a clue what this material might be used for?

Thanks!

Keith