Re: Fuji Graphic film

From: Craig Zammiello (zamm@optonline.net)
Date: 05/09/03-06:24:19 PM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: David Foy <dfoy@marketactics.com>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca>
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2003 7:23 PM
Subject: RE: Fuji Graphic film

> I can speculate: Films labeled "Recording Film" is this day
> and age are usually meant to be exposed in a laser imaging
> device. The size of your film suggests it was for output of
> newspaper pages on an imagesetter, which would then be
> contact-printed to make a printing plate. Imagesetters often
> use a Helium-Neon laser. Beyond that I can't speculate about
> why it behaves the way it does.
>
> David Foy

David, you are correct. Commercial recording films are to be used in machine
exposure units such as Hell imagesetters to make line and halftone films for
the commercial litho industry.
I've never played with recording films to try to mimic con-tone film.
Perhaps trying Kodak Technidol developer would yield something usable?
Good luck, Craig Z.