Re: BORDEN & RILEY PAPER

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 05/12/03-11:21:56 PM Z

Hi Bob,

As you know, flattery will get you everywhere -- thanks !

As for the Borden & Riley paper (spelled with ampersand on the pad) I
bought mine at New York Central -- NOT in the paper department of the
single sheets, but the graphic arts department of the pads. It was
surprisingly good for vandyke brown, also cyanotype, but it's sold without
any la-di-da art airs -- as noted, in a pad. I never did platinum with it,
but then I haven't done a lot of platinum.

I would THINK Borden & Riley would have a website -- doesn't everyone?
But mine was bought before they had web sites, when I was still doing iron
processes. But now that I check it, it may not be the same as Larry's
--it's #120 Bristol plate, "a fine neutral pH paper for artists, art
directors and designers."

Judy