Re: Contrast Control with Palladium

jeffbuck@swcp.com
Date: 05/26/03-02:17:03 PM Z

Control w/ Na2 is very easy. Small amounts. I don't even have any full-
strength Na2 around -- only a bottle of .5 (w/ distilled) and a bottle
of .25. You can cut really fine w/ this stuff. Some of my final coatings
end up like .75 of a drop. That's a fair amount, by the way, a substantial
boost. Anyway, you just put it in w/ your coating. It works so well (no
image degradation), that you can be routinely conservative w/ exposure and
development (under-contrasty) and then just bounce the print up a bit w/ the
Na2. You may already know that Dick Arentz has systematized this technique
to some high degree (no doubt) and is presenting on the subject at APIS in
July and also covering the subject in the second edition of his book that's
coming out soonish (they say). I doubt you'll find that guidance
necessary. Just get some and experiment. Small amounts. -jb