Re: Gum - dichromate sizing and Cyanotypes. Your experiences?

From: Kate Mahoney ^lt;kateb@paradise.net.nz>
Date: 10/31/03-05:11:38 PM Z

I suspect the exposure time was wrong - the gum hadn't hardened enough to
retain the pigment. you probably got staining because of the gum dilution -
you didn't need to add the extra 10 ml tapwater. The flaking is probably
caused by too thick a coat/underexposure.
I use around equal proportions of gum and ammonium dichromate. Pot di
carries less chemical in a saturated solution so need more exposure than amm
di. If you double-coat the paper it would also need extra exposure - the
trick with gum is a THIN emulsion, but repeated printings to build up
density. I never size with dichromate so I don't know what effect this would
have.

Kate Mahoney