Re: Liver of sulfur?

From: John ^lt;ap@darkroompro.com>
Date: 11/01/03-11:44:11 PM Z

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 22:19:39 -0700, you wrote:

> I don't know about all of this polysulfide business and carbonate additives,
> etc. Bottom line --> Liver of sulfur is K2S or K2Sx5H20 (5 waters
> attached).
>
> Upon contact with acids (i.e. citric acid), it gives off hydrogen sulfide
> which is highly toxic.....not to mention that it will stink you out of your
> house. The owner of the chemical company I work for nearly died once from
> H2S overexposure. It is not to be taken lightly.

        I concur though I've worked with Polytoner for hours upon hours and not
had any noticeable repercussions myself.

        By the way, I thought it was interesting to note that the MD's listed
potassium thiosulfate as one of the constituents of Liver of sulfur /
polysulfide.

--
Regards,
	John S. Douglas, Photographer