Re: Liver of sulfur?

From: Mike Klemmer ^lt;mklemmer@comcast.net>
Date: 11/01/03-11:19:39 PM Z

I don't know about all of this polysulfide business and carbonate additives,
etc. Bottom line --> Liver of sulfur is K2S or K2Sx5H20 (5 waters
attached).

Upon contact with acids (i.e. citric acid), it gives off hydrogen sulfide
which is highly toxic.....not to mention that it will stink you out of your
house. The owner of the chemical company I work for nearly died once from
H2S overexposure. It is not to be taken lightly.