Re: Formulary Gum change

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 11/05/03-09:27:02 AM Z

Kerik wrote:

> Katherine,
>
> If you haven't already, you might want to try the gum that B&S sells. It
> is a nice, light color and has worked very well for me over the last
> couple of years that I've been using it.

Thanks....Bud at the Formulary is going to check around and see if he
can find a source of the gum I like, so I'm not sure yet that I have to
make a change. I just want my old gum, waaaah! ;-) From some
discussions we've had here before, I suspect that the gum you gumover
guys use has different properties from the gum I'm used to, and I'm
coming more and more to the conclusion that the gum is the most crucial
variable influencing differences in observations between gum printers. I
never would have believed, before day before yesterday, that dichromate
staining could be purely a function of the type of gum. I had reasoned
out that it must be a function of lights and exposure, and I still think
that explains a good bit of it, but obviously not all. So, we keep
learning.
Katharine