Re: Formulary Gum change

From: kateb@paradise.net.nz
Date: 11/05/03-05:22:37 PM Z

Quoting John Cremati <johnjohnc@core.com>:

> I wonder if the darkened gum has something to do with the various
> regions gum is harvested from, the time of year it is harvested, or
> possibly a variety of the gum tree species , or how much rain the area
> had
> that particular year... ... Maybe there is a processing technique
> involved
> as well that has a effect..
> Has anyone tried any of the powdered gum sold thru Columbus Clay
> Company yet? They charge $5.30 a pound for powder, and they also sell
> solution at $17 per gallon..
> John Cremati

This may sound silly but there may be a world shortage of gum acacia which I
think is the most suitable one for our purposes - Elephants have decimated this
species. There are several different types of gum that originate from different
species of trees, also the way the gum is refined differs from place to place.

I pay $14 N.Z. for a 250ml bottle of gum solution!!!!!!That's about $9 U.S.

Kate Mahoney> > >