Re: Prussian (Berlin) Blue vs Turnbull Blue in Cyanotype

From: Kris Erickson ^lt;kris.erickson@utoronto.ca>
Date: 11/06/03-08:27:46 AM Z

I think that the Ware Cyanotype book is the authority on this; I recall
him saying that a finished cyanotype (from a standard a+b formula, or
its derivative) is some combination or other of the ferrous and ferric,
as well as prussian white.
Regardless of whether there are differences in the two blues or not, I
think the final word was that trying to archive a pure prussian blue is
impossible in this formulation (environmental reasons, chemical reasons,
etc.), so if you want one versus the other, there is a lot to contend with.
Perhaps the new process addresses this?

good luck,
Kris