Re: Use Sun for Salted Paper, was Re: Please comment

From: Loris Medici ^lt;lorism@tnn.net>
Date: 11/08/03-01:33:03 AM Z

Use Sun for Salted Paper, was Re: Please commentDear Sandy,

Thank you for the warning/suggestion. Will definitely try it with the sun
(because the ambience factor plus I don't like the sharpness loss with my UV
exposure unit) if the weather permits. But I must also tell you about an
observation I've made: my exposure times are somehow shorter with the
exposure unit! For instance I printed a negative in about 14-15 minutes last
week and that same negative have had 20 minutes of exposure under our summer
sun (it was slightly hazy though) in order to print to the same density
(Istanbul, Turkey - when UV index was around 6 - 7
http://www.enka.com/weather/). My exposure unit consist of 40W 24" Philips
actinic tubes (TL'K 40W / 05) placed 3" above the printing frame's glass -
these emit 3x times UV light compared to 20W tubes.

Thank you again & best regards,
Loris.