?? on Agfa Arcus II transparency scanner

From: Philip willarney ^lt;pwillarney@yahoo.com>
Date: 11/13/03-04:03:47 PM Z

I just bought a used Agfa Arcus II transparency
scanner -- 8x10+, 600x1200 dpi. Woo-hoo! I'm trying
to figure out if it's working right. Anyone out there
have experience with this model scanner? I downloaded
the driver & manual from Agfa, and I'm running into
two problems:

1) there's supposed to be a transparency mount/holder
which sits on the scanner glass -- this is missing.
>From the manual, this sounds like a piece of plastic
with a large rectangle cut out for the transparency to
scan, and a small slit cut out on one end for the
scanner to analyze the light source: am I right? If
so, could someone send me the measurements of this
item so I can fabricate one (or maybe just a photocopy
of the thing)?

2) The scanner seems to sometimes work, and sometimes
not; when I try to scan, it may fail with a "scanner
failed to initialize" error, or a data lost error.
Are these sorts of errors more likely to be a problem
with the scanner, or a scsi bus problem? I've got the
scanner hooked up to an old adaptec 1540 ISA SCSI
card, I believe (I forget the exact model) which one
of the readme documents indicates *may* be problematic
with this scanner. I'm going to try and dig up a
different scsi controller to try, but any suggestions
would be welcome.