RE: extremely off topic

From: Scott Walker ^lt;walker@sympatico.ca>
Date: 11/19/03-05:01:50 PM Z

I have often wondered about images of people the National Geographic takes
of people who they do not pay any royalties to, yet make a profit from, and
own the image rights to. In your case, I think it is clearer since the
images are not of anyone recognisable and you may not be doing it for
profit.

An example that comes to mind, is the Sharbat Gula story. Here the
photographer wondered for years who the Girl in his photo was while National
Geographic Published it over and over.

I think in the end they gave her money for her story, and published a
followup article.

See:
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2002/03/0311_020312_sharbat.html

Scott.