Re: extremely off topic

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 11/19/03-05:40:34 PM Z

From: Patricia Reed <preed@kumc.edu>
Subject: extremely off topic
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 16:22:57 -0600

> So does any one know of a reference resource of guidelines for using
> medical images in art?

I thought about similar things, using MRI scans of brain and skull. I
don't do MRI researches myself but some of my friends do, so I asked
if they could take picture of my brain and if I could get high quality
images. There seems to be generic brain images that can be used for
the sort of applications we are talking about. But they said skull
structure is often excluded from published images in brain studies
these days, because individual subject may be more readily identified
from the skull features. So, I don't know if your assumption that the
person in the x-ray is unidentifiable is quite accepted. If you get
yourself scanned, or if you can obtain a signed release from the
subject, I think you'll have maximum freedom as to what you can do
with it. One smart girl I met in Boston area gave me an URL, when I
said show me your brain or something, and that page had MRI scans of
her brain... including the skull features.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Reality has always had too many heads." (Bob Dylan, Cold Irons Bound, 1997)