cyanotype staining

From: ryberg ^lt;cryberg@comcast.net>
Date: 11/21/03-04:24:32 PM Z

Hi:
     In an effort to get more detail than Hot Press watercolor paper allows
I've been trying gloss ink-jet photo paper. It requires double coating and
considerable care in brushing, but I've made some nice prints. But---
     The unexposed borders and to a lesser extent the highlights, retain the
yellow stain from the sensitizer and nothing, even overnight washing, seems
to remove it. For some prints this doesn't matter much but it is pretty
ugly on others.
     The difficulty of coating makes it impossible (at least for me) to
limit the coating just to the image area--in fact, I have to over coat an
inch one each side and trim that inch off due to irregular drying at the
edges.
     I don't know whether the stain is from the ferricyanide or the FA
citrate or both) any suggestions?
Charles Portland OR