RE: Camera for making daguerreotypes?

From: Breukel, C. (HKG) ^lt;C.Breukel@lumc.nl>
Date: 11/25/03-02:55:56 AM Z

Gregory
> Two group members recommended the russian FKD cameras. They
> do seem like a great deal, even with shipping from Russia,
> but the drawbacks are that they come in 5x7" and 8x10" sizes,
> no movements and apparently limited bellows draw. I'm interested
> in doing close-ups so bellows length is important to me.

..the FKD is supplied with a relative fast (f4.5) Industar lens (Tessar
type, no shutter), and the image size is 18*24 cm (7 * 9.5 inch I believe),
not 8*10. It has limited movements: front rise and fall, front shift , back
swing and tilt. It has quite somebellow draw, I believe at least 50 cm, I
should have to measure to know it exact, let mew know.. It's quite a nice
camera for it's price, but it's a bit shaky, the finish is rough, and
probably needs working on to get rid from light leaks..

I had fun with it, but I moved up to a more solid, heavy (and much more
expensive...;-)..) Toyo 810M field..

Good luck,

Cor