Re: Selenium toning Kallitypes - dilution factor

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 11/26/03-10:09:17 PM Z

Mike,

My supposition is that a 1:100 dilution of selenium will not tone to
completion and is not very archival. You could check by bleaching for
about 10 minutes in a working solution of Kodak R-14 Reducer. For
best understanding of what happens take reflective readings of the
test print before and after bleaching.

I would not attempt a stronger solution of selenium until you
completely process the print, and perhaps even wait a day or so after
it drys. It should not in theory bleach back very much after fixing,
but if this is indeed happening in your case you might need a
stronger fixer.

Sandy