Selenium toning Kallitypes - dilution factor

From: Mike Klemmer ^lt;mklemmer@comcast.net>
Date: 11/26/03-09:24:44 PM Z

I have been selenium toning my kallitypes with good looking results. The dilution factor I am using is on the order of 1:100, (10gm./1L of Kodak Rapid Selenium). 5 minutes in the toner seems sufficient to my eye. If I tone for longer than 10 minutes the highlights will begin to burn. I always use fresh toner with each print.

I have read on various websites for silver printing that a stronger dilution is beneficial because the higher concentration of thiosulfate ion aids in the toning process. 1:9 or stronger was recommended for a silver print on one particular article. Also it said the that a image that may look toned in dilute selenium toner doesn't necessarily equate to an archival quality image. Kodak recommends a wide range of dilution.

Would it be advisable to use a stronger selenium toning solution, or to perhaps keep the dilution factor the same and boost the thiosulfate concentration?