Re: Opacity of digital negative substrates, was Re: Gum a la Sam Wang

From: Ender100@aol.com
Date: 11/27/03-02:30:12 AM Z

Judy,

I think that was my post regarding overlapping the Stouffer with a clear
Pictorico strip. Sandy had said that clear Pictorico measured around .15 with
his UV densitometer. I was merely babbling on about how that seemed confirmed
when I used it with the Stouffer to get my base exposures for different mixes
of PT/PD.. This particular Stouffer (T2115) was .15 per step. If you were
to compare the clear step of the Stouffer with clear Pictorico or Base + Fog
on both, they would be around:

Stouffer Log .05
Pictorico Log .15

So, yes, I guess you could say Pictorico is "slower" than the film the
Stouffer is printed on.

By the way, I have started using the Stouffer T3110 instead. It is 3/4" x
8" and has 31 steps, each .10 or 1/3 stop. It is easier to work with,
especially doing the above. It seems to take me more steps to get anywhere anyway.

Mark Nelson