Kodak Aero-Ektar lens

From: Peter McDonald ^lt;mcgordon@netspeed.com.au>
Date: 11/30/03-05:45:19 PM Z

In the process of generally cleaning up my generally dis-organised photographic gear in anticipation of having to store a 20x24 copy camera I 'lucked' onto from a local university, I unearthed another odd lens. It is a:

Kodak Aero-Ektar f2.5 7in (178mm) 5x5 E E 113616, Made in USA by Eastman Kodak Co., Rochester, N.Y.

It has 6 stops: 2.5, 4.0, 5.6, 8.0, 11.0, 16.0

The lenshood is probably purpose made as it has 6 locating points, both inside and outside the hood.

There is also a focusing tube which screws onto the back of the lens, but does not move of itself . I assume this focusing element mated into a corresponding point on another part of the areo-camera.

I would appreciate if someone on the list could advise if it is worth talking to someone like Steve Grimes to refurbish it and add a shutter. The glass is in very good condition, other than needing a good clean.

Ta muchly,

Peter MCDonald
Canberra, Australia.