Re: Dichromate dilution and speed

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 11/30/03-01:42:35 PM Z

Dave Rose wrote:

> All other things being equal, less dichromate in the mix will produce a
> slower emulsion, a shorter scale, and higher contrast. Any experienced gum
> printer should know that.

Of course. But since we're all so polite here, one can't say "that's
nonsense!" when someone says something that seems to contradict one of
these truths, so I thought it better to provide actual data. I do have
to admit that although I certainly knew from reading (not from
experience because I never vary my dichromate concentration in practice)
that less dichromate makes more contrast, I was surprised at how marked
the difference was. Cheers,
kt