RE: help with Imacon scanner needed please

From: Eric Neilsen (e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 10/03/03-11:09:08 PM Z

Catherine, Have you done a set up with a separate scratch disk for the
scanner? In my working with a Flextight II for close to three years, I was
quite unimpressed with the over all performance of the software side of the
Imacon. There may be a problem with the column needing to be lubricated.
You may have a disk problem or processing speed issue. I saw this Flextight
II contribute significantly to the death of an old G3 beige unit. Have you
defragged lately? Often? Also check the size of memory allocation needs. I
think all imaging software needs great care in disk space usage and
procedures to last long and allow you to prosper.

The folks up in Seattle were quite help ( some of the time). It is after all
computer related stuff, just pray or shoot it.

Eric Neilsen Photography

4101 Commerce Street

Suite 9

Dallas, TX 75226