Re: neo-Pictorialism

From: Niranjan Patel (niranjan.patel@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 10/06/03-02:52:27 PM Z

Pam:

I agree with you. I do not understand why photographs have to be
"truthful." Is any art truthful? What is the "truth" in art? The
original scene as is seen by the eye or the interpretation from the mind of
the photographer? As a matter of fact, is not the Black and White
Photography itself the first step in filtering the "true" colored world
into gray scale to highlight that which is not visible in reality? If it
takes photoshop to realise your vision, then so be it. I think the final
image, its meaning, context and the effect on people who view it should be
the final judge of art.

Niranjan.

Disclaimer: I am no "artist" and I like to do the so-called straight
photography, having just barely began to use Photoshop.