Re: neo-Pictorialism

From: Pam Niedermayer (pam@pinehill.com)
Date: 10/06/03-01:16:28 PM Z

Certainly, Photoshop makes manipulation much easier; but I fail to see
why anyone even says anything about "lying". Such manipulation in almost
all cases, excepting those with financial gain and/or those trying to
avoid prison sentences, is about realizing a vision, whether that vision
exists in reality or not. The very fact of taking a photograph is one of
selecting the view at hand and rejecting all others, so every photograph
is very subjective. Even Weegee selected some shots and rejected others,
thus putting his mark on what he and his viewers considered important.
And then there's burning and dodging.

Pam