Re: Fresson Process

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 10/08/03-11:30:06 AM Z

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003, Scott Wainer wrote:

.... even though this particular work seemed
to have
> been written by the authors/editors of the book rather than by Anderson
> himself as the only reference to him is in the bibliography. Reading through
> the Fresson section, I found that there is quite a wide latitude for
> expression with the process; possibly equal to gum, though I will admit I
> have only made a few gum prints to date and am not qualified to decisevly
> comment in that respect.
>
> Scott Wainer
> smwbmp@starpower.net>

Scott, trust me, those "authors /editors" were Kodak types who knew less
about "fresson" than you do. But your 1939 edition may have been
differently formatted than mine of 1938. I haven't got the book in front
of me now, but i believe the section on "Special Processes" was all by
Anderson -- with his byline. I'll double check, however.

Judy