RE: Cyanotype Negative Help

From: Rocky J. Boudreaux (rocky@pdq.net)
Date: 10/10/03-09:12:26 AM Z

Cyanotype Negative HelpI just printed a cyanotype series from previously
developed Platinum negatives and some experimental digital negatives made
using Burkholder's method.
They seemed good to me and I showed them at the recent Alt. Gathering in
Houston.
Perhaps someone who saw them could comment if they wish.

They were made:
TMY (Kodak TMax 400 ISO) Rated at 200 ISO I expose for the shadows
XTOL 1:1 (many people say this developer is too weak, I like it)
Drum processed for 50% more then the Kodak recommended time
My temperature normally runs 78F to 85F and I adjust accordingly
My conditions are pretty primitive
Ambient temperature

Most were produced on the cheapest watercolor paper I could find (Pro Art -
Pro Weight 160# purchased from Texas Art Supply about $3.50 for 12- 9x15"
sheets).
Paper was treated in Oxalic Acid then dried prior to printing.
Cyanotype was a kit form B&S.
Some toned in Borax and some toned in Household Ammonia.

A little more info then requested but hope it helps.

Rocky,
Houston, TX