Re: Article on Pyro Developers

From: Scott Wainer (smwbmp@starpower.net)
Date: 10/12/03-12:08:49 AM Z

Article on Pyro DevelopersHi Sandy,

Great article!

With one exception, in the rotary processing section, I saw no mention of a minimum quantity for parts A & B. In the past I used a 3+3+1200 dilution with stand processing for 90 minutes with Arista 125 film (80 sqin) and had to give en EI rating of 50 to get negs that printed well on a grade 3 to 3 1/2 SG paper. I just shot a film speed test using a 4+4+1000 dilution with 60 minute stand development for the same film (same batch #) and got an EI of 80. From this, I would assume that I was exhausting the developer with the original developer. Any thoughts?

Regards,

Scott Wainer
smwbmp@starpower.net