Re: Cyanotype Negative Help

From: Andrew Epstein (aiepstein@earthlink.net)
Date: 10/11/03-09:27:49 PM Z

I've had success with lots of different films, each producing it's own unique
character. Recently I've been using three different films on a regular basis,
all eventually made into digital negs printed on Pictorico OHP . I scanned the
35mm negs on a Nikon 4000 neg scanner and the medium format on an Imacon
Flextight and used Dan Burkholder's platinum curve for printing on an Epson
2000P. Right now I am printing on Crane's 90# Cover Paper, Natural White, Wove
using Mike Ware's New Cyanotype formula.:

1. Kodak Technical Pan exposed at ASA 25 developed in Technidol for 11 min. at
20 degrees celsius. I use this film for macro photos of flowers and fauna in
natural light.
2. Ilford Delta 3200 exposed at ASA 1600, 3200, and 6400 in Ilfotec DD-X for 8,
9.5, and 12.5 minutes respectively at 20 degrees celsius. I use this film when
I'm feeling grainy...
3. Fuji Neopan 400 exposed at ASA 800 developed in TMax Developer for 7.25 min
at 20 degrees celsius. This is my all purpose film, producing a very nice
balance of tonality and contrast suitable for producing digital negs, plus it's
inexpensive.

Hope this helps.

Andrew