Re: Digital cyanotype negs

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 10/16/03-07:32:17 PM Z

Shannon wrote:

>sandy wrote:
>
>>As far as I am concerned the Epson 2200 is the best printer for
>>making digital negatives. I saw the note from Perry about not being
>>able to build up enough density with the 2200 to get good
>>highlights but I have to assume his problem is media, not the
>>printer. The 2200 is widely used with Pictorico and with this
>>media is capable of making excellent negatives with a high enough
>>density range for palladium printing. I have to assume either that
>>Perry used some other media that won't hold the pigmented ink of
>>the Epson 2200 as well as Pictorico, or if not, something is wrong
>>with his printer.
>>

>So, do you make spectral density negatives or black and white
>digital negatives on your 2200? (Our printer just broke and I am
>thinking of buying one.)
>
>--shannon

Shannon,

I make physical density negatives on Pictorico with the 2000P. The
2000P uses different pigmented inks than the 2200 but I don't think
the end result is that different in terms of density.

What I do is print with the printer set to Color mode from a
grayscale file. This gives a negative that is very neutral in color
and the density range is approximately the same as if I were to print
with just black ink.

Sandy