OT <was RE: Galina's website (dare we criticize?)>

From: Greg Schmitz (gws1@columbia.edu)
Date: 10/22/03-01:21:25 AM Z

Hi Chris,

What are you basing your statement "most people working with i(I)nternet
media content have moved to using Flash?" I'd have to say that I
think you are mistaken. The vast majority of sites DO NOT use Flash -
simple as that. And, since we're in the "get used to it Department,"
most folks are still on dial-ups when they are not at work so when
something is slow to load most will move on and ignore the slow site.
Anyone working with "Internet media content" would be well off to keep
this simple fact in mind unless they are only working on their own
site and don't care if anybody visits or, as I mentioned in a previous
post, they've got a target audience in mind that they know for certain
is wired for high-speed broadband.

-greg schmitz

P.S. I often let Lynx do my browsing - retro's very trendy these days.