Re: Comments please

From: Phillip Murphy (pmurf@bellsouth.net)
Date: 10/26/03-06:43:22 AM Z

Am I naive to see this as a reasonable request? Are images so precious that
only the well healed or the in crowd have the opportunity to enjoy or be
inspired by them? Have we become so litigious in our stance that what was once
magic has become just another commodity? Does anyone remember , as I do, the
time when you could see two or three Ansel Adams prints hanging in a doctor's
waiting room. The 20x24 originals that he paid 25 bucks for because he really
loved the photographs. Did the photographer lose a nickel on "Moonrise" (one of
the three in that office) because he printed un-numbered hundreds of them?
In a time where more camera phones are sold than digital or film cameras, and
many in-house photographic departments are closing in favor of stock image
alternatives for their corporate needs. Where images are routinely sent anywhere
in the country within minutes and are posted for download on thousands of ftp
and web sites. I don't see this request as outrageous. Perhaps I'm just naive,
but what happened to photography for the love of the image?

-Phillip