Re: Comments please - part 2

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 10/27/03-08:38:40 AM Z

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 Ender100@aol.com wrote:

> The point I made earlier is this: Once he has a high-res image file, he can
> do anything he wants with it and you will not be able to do anything about it
> unless it somehow comes to your attention. Then you will have the cost of
> any legal action you take, which may be more than you will recover.
>
> So, why not go to someone you trust, have a mural size print made and sell it
> to him?

This seems to make the most sense of all the suggestions -- even if Jon
sold it at cost for the sake of having his art enshrined in a temple
(however lesser) of art. And in his subsequent message the guy does sound
legit... However, since he apparently wants a mural, it's doubtful that he
could get very far with the small repro he has in hand, so the fact of his
*asking* is hardly much of a recommendation.

And one other thing -- let us not assume that NEW YORK companies are
shadier than others. as one respondant seems to imply. Firstly, I don't
recall any geographic tag on the fellow (who may have migrated to LA or
Houston), tho I do recall his saying he came from BOSTON.

cheers,

J.