RE: Test for Silver Metal in Print?

From: nze christian (christian_nze@hotmail.com)
Date: 10/28/03-04:52:49 PM Z

Hi Sandy,

the test made by a french chemist known as Glafkidès report that ther is
still about 25% silver in the image after a pltinum toning.
All the metal of the platinul familly give similar result (iridium ,
ruthénium, rhodium,osmium, palladium) so you can try cheaper one to work
with.

I find about the same result when I work on Satista + and other metal
development system.
I did print satista develop them with silver and at last depending on the
method use I get about 80% of platinumm. To find this result , I print wash
and clear make a density reading , then put my print in nitric acid to wash
the silver image and read again the density.

The fact is that in satista + there is a sort of development and toning at
the same time.

Amicalement
best regards

Nzé Christian