Re: More on framing

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 10/28/03-07:49:49 PM Z

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003, Clay Harmon wrote:

> I've been putting Gamblin cold wax medium on my gumovers. It deepens
> the colors, gives the whole thing a little more 'punch', and allows me
> to use exotic instruments like horsehair shoe shining brushes.

I have some Dorland wax medium, which may be same thing... I've used it
with some reservations, however. I understand it's pure beeswax (tho I
imagine somewhat thinned since it's soft, and the beeswax I have that's
straight is a hard block). But it's so soft when applied I wonder how
strong it can be over the long run... true, it buffs up nicely, and true
it may not be same as the Gamblin, but.... does the Gamblin coat seem
TOUGH ?