Re: Microtek ScanMaker 9800XL. . . ?

From: Jack Fulton (jefulton1@comcast.net)
Date: 09/04/03-12:05:48 AM Z

The 3200, John, does up to 4x5 but it does one terrific job.
We run two large format scanners at school: UMAX and in my Digital Darkroom
(fully color managed) the two Epson 1600 XL Graphic models w/the SilverFast
software (which is an absolute must for color negatives). If you have the
Imacon, I'd like to hear your thoughts on that. We just do not have that
budget for we operate our Fine Arts Only institution in a life style
identical to that of the artist.

But, what I meant to say is that the Epson is superior to the UMAX
Best
Jack