Re: coating method

From: Halvor (halvorb@mac.com)
Date: 09/04/03-12:27:12 PM Z

Hi Ryuji

You probably know this but others might not so,

For emulsion coating there exist coating rods - basically a metal rod about
2 cm diameter. Around this is twinned stainless steel wire - comes in
different thickness acording to how thick emulsion you want. Push (not roll)
it forward and the angle of the steel wire spreads the emulsion. Dont know
how good they are for those sizes though. The (coating) with of those I have
is about 40 cm (15 inches). Should be possible to make some longer ones at
some metal workshop. Again might not be too good for high viscosity, but
works fine for "normal" gel solutions. (and to some degree with gum and PVA
for platinum).

Halvor