Re: DR vs. f-stops

From: Nick Makris (nick@mcn.org)
Date: 09/10/03-11:36:02 AM Z

Keith, Yes - Is that a real number? My situation is that I have a color analyzer that in the white position is able to tell me how many stops there are between base and the most dense part of the neg. Actually, 30 on the scale = one stop. I can increase the range of sensitivity by stopping down the enlarger lense and changing the resistance control, so efffectively I can read an extensive range of values, but I can't seem to find anything that relates that to DR.

This limits my understanding of the comments on the list when DR is being referenced.

Thanks for the reply,