Re: OT question about monitor gamma

From: Clay (wcharmon@wt.net)
Date: 09/12/03-09:10:27 PM Z

The only reason I'm piping in here is because I just read this in the
Fraser et al Photoshop book. They claim that while Apple may claim to
have monitor gammas of 1.8, they (the authors) actually measured them
to be closer to the PC standard of 2.2, and recommend that even Mac
users should use the 2.2 setting for their color profiles. I'm just
parroting what I've read here, but it sounds reasonable to go ahead and
acknowledge that 92% of the world will use 2.2 as the standard and just
go along with the crowd. I mean this is not the same level of
importance as is the proper way to print gum, after all.

So, gouache or transparent?

Clay