van Dyke chemicals

From: Marcelo Mammana (mm-s@light-underwater.com)
Date: 09/18/03-08:03:59 AM Z

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) Hello,
I am new to the list, and also new to alt-photo processes.
I would like to start with van Dyke process. I've read that I need Ammonium Citrate of Iron
or AmmoniumFerric Citrate, the green one. I've been offered, at a chemical store, a brown
one. This one is far cheaper than the green, and easier to get here (Buenos Aires,
Argentina). Can I use this instead of the green one? Are they different salts? What results
can I expect using it?
Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Marcelo