Re: PS About Witkin Re: Diane Arbu s

ARTHURWG@aol.com
Date: 09/20/03-03:41:26 PM Z

Yes, I know Witkin is immensely popular-- as well as financially successful.
But if he's a genius I think "evil" must be the operative adjective. Yes,
perhaps it's only his imagination that's "psychopathic," and that in every other
regard he's a solid citizen. But I doubt it. Yes, it's only "shadows," as
someone put it. But there are limits, don't you think? Perhaps Jeffery Dhamer was
a Witkin fan. I remember that when the cops opened his fridge and saw those
silver painted severed heads, Dhamer told them they were artworks. And the cops
believed him. ...... Arthur