RE: Chemigram instructions please

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 09/23/03-01:45:48 PM Z

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Garry Lewis wrote:

> >I assume that's on his website, which as soon as my browser and I come to
> >a negotiated settlement I will visit.
>
> >Judy
>
> Hope you can speak French, as the English is still "under Construction"

I wouldn't SPEAK French in front of anyone past 1st grade in America, but
I can read it OK if it's under control... The problem is the vocabulary in
photography is fairly specialized which can create problems. My 1940
Mansion's is limited in that respect... However, when the vocabulary gets
REALLY technical it may revert to latin, and that's English anyway, isn't
it?

But speaking of French, I just "read" as best I could the intro to the
French Demachy "pocket" book... A truly lovely book, which I could read
about 2/3rds of -- but my hunch is that (as is so often the case) whoever
wrote the introduction didn't know photography because -- aside from the
missing vocabulary -- there were some things didn't seem to make sense.
True, that may just be my "French," or lack thereof, but figuring there
are folks on the list who will know, I plan to ask... as soon as this
infernal e-mail program starts working again in -- is that ones & zeros?

cheers,

Judy