old Cranes paper gone bad WAS RE: Van Dykes

From: Sam Wang (stwang1@bellsouth.net)
Date: 09/24/03-12:08:51 PM Z

Hi Darryl,

Cranes paper USED to be great. The batch I squirrelled away over 10 years ago printed
nicely. But when I tried to use it last week, I found all the sizing gone: it absorbed
emulsion like blotter paper.

Not just Cranes, Arches did the same thing. Has anyone else found papers going bad, or
am I the only one having a stash of old paper? (Yes, I know I can size it, but I would
rather learn to draw on it, or use it to wrap fish, than fooling with gelatin and
formaldehyde again!)

Sam Wang