Re: Van Dykes

From: Dave Rose (cactuscowboy@bresnan.net)
Date: 09/24/03-09:30:32 PM Z

#1: From what I've read, The Vandyke process does require 'contrasty'
negatives, so your underexpose/overdevelop approach should be suitable.

#2: I've never done it, but yes, I do agree, oiled paper negatives sure
sounds messy.

#3: If done properly, creating enlarged negatives via interpositives offers
a tremendous degree of control. You've had experience printing lith, so
this should be a relatively easy approach. I've had excellent results
producing enlarged negatives on film. You're certainly not "talking crap".

Best regards,
Dave in Wyoming