Re: Vandyke brown on fabric

From: Catherine Rogers (crogers@mpx.com.au)
Date: 09/26/03-10:53:37 AM Z

Patricia Reed wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience/insight in printing Vandyke on fabric?

Vandyke brown works on all kinds of fabrics. For example I printed a number
of images on several metres of silk which became the lining of a coat my
sister made for exhibition. It worked fine. It wont necessarily look exactly
like a print on paper but you can adjust your imagery/ideas accordingly.

Many years ago students in a class I ran, decided that they were going to
print on fabric. I suggested they use non-synthetic fabrics like cotton.
Silly me. Students being students, brought in everything under the sun -
polyesters, nylons and all sorts of mixed fabrics including previously
printed fabrics and we got some amazing results on just about everything. It
was also a lot of fun.

I guess what I'm saying is to experiment - it doesn't take long and you may
get a nice surprise.

cheers
Catherine