Re: Copyright

From: Darryl Baird (dbaird@umflint.edu)
Date: 09/25/03-05:17:51 PM Z

Good thoughts. I'll add there are some neighborhoods where you also
can't leave anything out in plain sight because the neighbors will
object. I have friends who have a rental condo and neighbors complain
about laundry left on the balcony... it's a lakefront and people leave
wet swimming suits out to dry. The neighbors obviously don't have a life!

My point (yes, there really is one) being we live in a very sharing
community, one theft doesn't spoil the whole place. In fact, it (a
surreptitious book) might possibly have a slightly positive outcome as
Kodak stops its R&D in pursuit of digital ends and we become more and
more a voice of the new antiquarian future... (homage to Lyle Rexer's
excellent book title.)

In another light, anything "taken" out of the context of this list is
surely limited by the real lack of practical perspective. Just try to
wring any one process out of the archives, it is wildly opinionated and
diverse... nothing ever really final is ever said. Just think how many
times we have revisited topics like paper, contrast, negatives,
sharpness, etc. ad nauseum.

Darryl