Re: Developing sheet film in open-ended PVC tubes

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@CLEMSON.EDU>
Date: 04/01/04-02:26:06 PM Z

Jack,

You are probably right that it could be messy, especially if using
continuous agitation. In fact Judy has already weighted in with the
fact that she found it messy. My idea, though, was to use enough
solution so that the film is always covered with developing solution
and agitate only once every three minutes.

Another way to use the tubes would be to develop the film with the
tubes in vertical orientation in a gallon paint bucket. You could do
up to eight sheet of 4X5 film at a time this way. And with agitation
at three minute intervals you could keep the lid on the bucket and
work in the light for most of the time, and only turn the lights off
when you remove the lid to agitate.

Sandy