Re: Developing sheet film in open-ended PVC tubes

From: Ender100@aol.com
Date: 04/01/04-02:42:47 PM Z

Sandy,

I saw Blue Man Group on Jay Leno last night and they have some ingenious
percussion instruments that they have made out of PVC pipe—some sets of pipes look
almost like organ pipes.

Maybe they could fabricate a developing system for you that would play music
while you defvelop your film! heheheeheh

Mark Nelson

In a message dated 4/1/04 2:29:28 PM, sanking@CLEMSON.EDU writes:

> Jack,
>

> You are probably right that it could be messy, especially if using
> continuous agitation. In fact Judy has already weighted in with the fact that she
> found it messy. My idea, though, was  to use enough solution so that the film is
> always covered with developing solution and agitate only once every three
> minutes.
>

> Another way to use the tubes would be to develop the film with the tubes in
> vertical orientation in a gallon paint bucket. You could do up to eight sheet
> of 4X5 film at a time this way. And with agitation at three minute
> intervals  you could keep the lid on the bucket and work in the light for most of the
> time, and only turn the lights off when you remove the lid to agitate.
>

> Sandy

Mark Nelson
Precision Digital Negatives