Re: NICE STUFF

From: Randall Webb ^lt;randall.webb@lineone.net>
Date: 04/01/04-05:10:20 PM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Kiss" <bobkiss@caribsurf.com>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 11:31 AM
Subject: RE: NICE STUFF

> DEAR GREGORY, JIM ET AL.,
> Thanks so much for your kind words. I am exhausted from shooting,
> processing and printing PT/PD prints for the opening of my show on Sunday,
> April 4th. Such kind words are very encouraging when the energy is
failing.
> The show comprises 25 prints of the Chattel Houses of Barbados. I still
> have a few more sheets of 8X10 and to process, print, and get to the
framer.
> Thanks again!
> CHEERS!
> BOB

Hi Bob !
I think I owe you a message but it's so far back I can't remember. Be that
as it may I was very pleased that your project has borne fruit in the form
of an exhibition. I hope it is a success, that you sell a lot and you pick
up a few rich sponsors.
Your work seems to be right up my street (UK slang).
Alt/proc has been a hobby of mine for years although the book royalties are
very useful.
My main interest is black and white documentary work. I concentrate mainly
on isolated communities which are under threat of extinction or dramatic
change. This also includes a lot of vernacular architecture from the Middle
East& Africa to UK.For the last few years I have spent a lot of time in the
Hebrides (Scotland) and I went to an island called South Uist to take the
"black houses". Paul Strand went there in 1956 and produced a book called
Tir A Mhurain. I don.t know why I bothered as he was a genius and said
everything you could wish to know about it.I just take pictures.
Anyway good luck
Regards
Randall Webb