Re: HP5+ for alternative processes

From: Dave Rose ^lt;cactuscowboy@bresnan.net>
Date: 04/02/04-11:55:26 PM Z

I question the credibility of "M", who refuses, when asked directly, to
identify himself/herself. Why the pseudonym?

As for the mysterious "group of us" and the exotic sounding "cyanotype rex &
chrysotype rex" processes, this sounds like a lot of hype designed to drum
up interest in and attendance for the upcoming APIS 2004.

In fact, if you go to the link that "M" recommends:
http://www.hands-on-pictures.com/ you'll find Terry King's webpage. Follow
the "How To" link for more information on "Cyanotype rex and Chrysotype rex"
to view a few images, very vague descriptions, and a promotion for APIS
2004. Absolutely nothing on "How To" perform these processes.

I use HP5+ for most of my 4x5 B&W work. I'm processing it with D76 and Zone
System exposure/development. For the silver, gum, and cyanotype prints I'm
making it more than meets my needs.

Best regards,
Dave Rose
Powell, Wyoming