Re: Leaf and Canon questions

From: PhotoGecko Austin ^lt;gecko@photogecko.com>
Date: 04/06/04-08:34:22 PM Z

Thanks, Sam-- I think it probably counts quite well. I've used a
pinhole adapter on an EOS film camera (several years ago) with great
results (the auto exposure actually worked!). I'm assuming
correspondent results would hold for the 10D or (. . . Good Gawd!. . .
) for the 10Ds (!$$$$$!). But I don't want to assume too much.

I've been mostly shooting MF through Mamiyas--and I'm wondering about
the compatibility (using the Leaf system, for example) for production
of digi-negs for contact printing.

Hey. Now that I think about it, does format size matter at all in
digital images? I mean, really. The distinct advantage of medium
format film (or large format, for that matter) is the image size for
enlargement purposes. . . right? So, is there a commensurate advantage
to shooting to a medium (or large) format camera for digital images. .
. ?

I dunno.

Stay tuned. More is sure to follow.

One Thing More (and this I really don't get at all!)-- Your response
came in on my e-mail server before my original post! In fact, my
original post still hasn't shown up as I'm replying to your reply!
How could this be? O, the mystery; O, the gravity of it all.

Best regards,
John
John Campbell
PhotoGecko Studios & Gallery